Thursday, March 12, 2015

What a Day!

So today was a bad, good, bad again, then good again day.

It started out with 2 super cranky girls. I tried to be a Pinterest mother extraordinaire and make edible finger paints so the kids could have some fun artistic time. I made the paint and set up everything out in our screened in porch. I was so excited! Unfortunately I was the only one who was. My 1 year old looked at me from her high chair like I was insane and my 2 year old just kept telling me it was messy. It lasted all of 1 minute before they were wanting to do something else.  Just a bit of time, energy, and supplies wasted.

Then the morning started to look up when a friend of mine asked us to meet her and her kids at the Children's Museum. I told her yes emphatically and started to get us all ready. It was pretty much a nightmare. The littlest one screamed bloody murder if I tried to put her down and the older one was pulling all of her clothes out of her dresser drawers and refusing to get dressed. Needless to say I ended up cancelling on my friend because I could not get my sit together. At this point my nerves were a bit shot and I felt like leaving the house would not be a good choice.

We made it to naptime and the day started looking up. They both slept great and my friend Jess (Aunt Jess to my kids) came by to spend some time with us. We were going to go to Target and Walmart so I could get some shopping done. My oldest literally has no short sleeve shirts and since the weather is getting warmer she needed an updated wardrobe. 

Shopping went great! It went as smoothly as it possibly could with a 1 year old and a 2 year old. I got everything I needed and felt very accomplished!

We got home and I started to make dinner for Jess, the kids, and I. Jess's husband and my husband have hockey practice together on Thursday nights so we decided to make a dinner just for us that our husbands would never eat.  I made Bruschetta Chicken and it was crazy easy and super delicious. The recipe can be found here: http://paleonewbie.com/paleo-bruschetta-chicken/
Yup, that picture is actually out of my oven! I was so pretty and smelled so good! Luckily it tasted just as good as it smelled. I highly recommend it and it has nothing but good for you things in it. I can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow.

Ok, so things were definitely looking up now! Jess even offered to stay and help me give the kids a bath and put them to bed...score!! That all went super smooth. We did a bath and then I put the littlest to bed. I came downstairs and went to feed our two dogs like I always do--only they were not in the yard. I called them and called them--nothing. The gate to our fence was somehow open and they had escaped. I immediately got in my car (again thank goodness for Jess--I would not have been able to go look for them if she wasn't here). I drove up and down our road and all the ones near here. I was on my last round, and it was starting to get dark, when I came on  two ten year old boys crouched down near a drainage pipe. I jumped out of the car and asked them what was going on. My sweet pup Mungo was stuck in the drain! I had to kneel in a muddy ditch and yank him out. He is not a light dog and he was pretty stuck. I had to pull and pull while he cried. It was awful. The good news is that wherever one dog is, the other is not far away. I called Molly a couple times and she came running. I put them both in my car and brought them home. Basically the dogs, me, and my car were a muddy mess, but I don't care. I am just happy to have them home. I was pretty damn scared!
Today was interesting to say the least! I am so happy that it ended on a good note.  I don't know what I would do without those sweet pups. Now my kids are fast asleep and  I am not far from it myself. All in all, the good that happened today totally outweighed the bad, and I will take that and run with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment