Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dieting and Doing OK!

I have been on the sugar free, starch free diet for over a month now and I have almost hit my first goal! I have not seen the number that is on the scale in a VERY long time and it feels fantastic! I really feel like I have a handle on this way of eating and it has not been as difficult as I thought it would be. I may actually be making a lifestyle change! That is something new and different for me!

I have not started an exercise program yet which is a little disappointing, but I am trying to stay active with my kids through the entire day I am with them and when I am at work I have been getting up from desk and walking around as much as I can. It isn't much, but like changing my eating I need to do this in baby steps. I am trying so hard to not put too much pressure on myself. I really think that has been my big mistake in the past.

The recipe I want to share this week is a SUPER simple one, but it is so freakin' delicious! In fact, I have made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. The name is Cheesy Buffalo Chicken. The recipe can be found at:
http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/2014/03/18/grilled-cheesy-buffalo-chicken/
The recipe recommends grilling it, but I made mine in the oven. I served it with a side salad and mixing it all together was so good! My husband is a big fan of this dinner too, which is always a big plus!

On a separate note--I can't believe my baby girl is going to be 1 in just a couple weeks! Where did the time go! I can't remember what life was like before her (not that I would want to!), but I still can't believe it has been a year since Izzy entered our lives! It has not been easy having 2 little ones only 16 months apart, but everyday I am more and more glad it happened the way it did.  I am sure I will be eating my words when they hit the teenage years, but for right now seeing them grow and learn from each other is pretty fantastic!  Can you tell today was a good day? If my kids were cranky today this would be a completely different paragraph :)





No comments:

Post a Comment