Monday, February 29, 2016

Un-Motivated

My best friend Jen writes a fantastic blog at jenhaught.blogspot.com and she is currently doing an "Unmotivated Series" and I was her first subject! She asked me a series of questions and then put it out there for all to see (even pictures--yikes!).

 I have already had just the best responses from people that I love! My friend Jess sent me a text as soon as the blog posted telling me I "inspired her". My sister Melanie sent me the sweetest text and said she is there for me for anything I need. My sister in law Lowe sent me a wonderful message with kind words and lots of support. I tell you they all know how to make a girl teary eyed!

I am not going to lie, even with posting my blogs here I was nervous about doing Jen's. She has a HUGE following and my struggles were going to get a lot farther then my 3 followers. The full length pic was probably the hardest part. I had my husband take it and just having him see it was embarrassing for me (even though he loves me no matter what size I am and reminds me all the time how sexy he thinks I am). Then seeing it for myself all I could do was focus on my stomach and the way my shirt stuck to it. After having 2 babies my body is not the same as it once was and the adjustment has been difficult for me.

Speaking of having two littles ones...

I know a lot of mother's can relate, but one of things standing in my way to exercising and taking time to myself is "mommy guilt". It can be overwhelming for me sometimes. My sister in law reminded me that I need to take care of myself. It is good for me and it is good for my girls. I know she is right, and I am going to do my best to get past it. I have mentioned in my earlier blogs that the most important thing for me is to be a good role model for my girls, and I think taking care of myself is a big part of that. I want them to grow up knowing that it is ok for them to do things for themselves. I want them to grow up seeing a mom who is comfortable in her own skin so hopefully they will be comfortable in their own as they grow up.

I have a lot of work to do, but I know I can do it! One day at time, or hell, even one hour at I time is what I need to do. I am going to work hard on getting past the "mommy guilt" and not putting too much pressure on myself to be perfect with my diet and exercise (as I always tell my daughter "try YOUR best, that is all I can ask for").  Seems reasonable :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi! I read your feature on Jenn's blog and everything you said, I feel the exact same way. I felt like I was reading my own responses lol. Good Luck to you! I know you can do this! I'm always looking for extra motivation as well so feel free to add me on Social Media :)
    Twitter: @FaithLoveNDstny
    Insta: @ShayBookhardt
    FB: www.facebook.com/shaybookhardt

    ReplyDelete